The healthcare industry is always expanding, putting skilled nurses and other health professionals in high demand! If you are attending nursing school or already practicing as a nurse, consider the following reasons to determine whether or not working as an emergency flight nurse is right for you.
1. Working as a flight nurse brings a rush of adrenaline unlike any other. Anything can happen on a plane, but there are fewer resources available than in a hospital, so be prepared for some quick thinking!
2. Flight nurses can bring their love for patient care and dedication to their patients’ health to the air, enabling individuals otherwise incapable of travel to safely achieve the trip of their dreams.
3. As a flight nurse, you get to travel, too! If you have a passion for excitement and experiencing new places, this could be the perfect job for you.
4. Flight nurses have some flexibility in where they can practice. They can work as medical escorts on commercial flights, or they can be employed as an emergency flight nurse who cares for patients in critical condition during transport from hospital to hospital.
5. Nurse.org states that flight nurses are often responsible for the care of a vast patient population. In this field, it’s not likely that you’ll see the same thing twice!
6. This job will help you to improve your communication skills by interacting with a wide variety of people from different backgrounds. Plus, you can certainly learn something by conversing with your patients, too!
7. Flight nurses also have the option of working with the military, so if this is something that you feel passionately about, this could be the perfect way to apply your dual expertise!
Any number of flight nurses could provide a myriad of personal reasons why this job is perfect for them, but you could always find out for yourself! By pursuing a career as a flight nurse, the sky is the limit—literally!