How we feel physically can have an emotional bearing on our lives. That is why massage is considered an ideal complement to chiropractic care. Massage therapists work with chiropractors to determine the proper healing techniques. Massages are performed in massage rooms that are free of noise and feature soft cushions for pregnant patients.
The Benefits of Massage
Massage therapy in Sumner, WA is used so patients can realize the following benefits:
- Relief of stress
- Relief of joint and muscle stiffness and tension
- Quicker healing of sprains and strains
- Reduced swelling and pain
- Reduced formation of scar tissue
- Lower incidence of muscle spasms
- A greater amount of joint flexibility
- Improved range of motion
- Improved athletic performance
- Improved posture
- Treatment of musculoskeletal difficulties
- Enhanced post-operative care
Types of Massage Treatments
When massage therapy is used as a treatment, one or more treatment plans may be used. These treatments may include the following:
- Acupressure involves fingers pressed on the skin’s surface to promote healing. When certain pressure points are pressed, muscular tension is released, and blood circulates more easily. The same points are used in both acupuncture and acupressure therapy. However, acupressure uses fingers instead of needles during the treatment process.
- Deep tissue massage concentrates on the sublayers of the muscles. To perform this type of treatment, the therapist must have a complete understanding of anatomy and physiology. This type of massage therapy can be used to treat injuries during rehab, minimize chronic pain, and relieve inflammatory discomfort.
- Intra-oral massage is employed to treat the scalp, face, and neck muscles – all of which affect the alignment of the jaw and any associated tension.
- Medical massage methods are employed to treat specific injuries, diseases or conditions. During the therapy, the therapist typically works with a chiropractor to facilitate the treatment process.
Improve How You Feel Physically and Mentally
Massage is also recommended during pregnancy or is practiced by using SRT (structural relief therapy) techniques. Browse the website that can provide you with further details along these lines. Learn how you can reduce the stress in your life and promote a better sense of physical well-being