Hair removal can be a constant battle for some women. Keeping unwanted strands at bay while not damaging the skin can seem impossible. Depilatory creams are harsh and can cause burns, redness, and rashes. Plucking is slow and painful, and shaving can lead to ingrown hairs as well as nicks and cuts. Many women turn to waxing to avoid all of this. For anyone who is ready to make the switch for themselves, there are some tips to help them prepare.
Body Waxing in Moore OK, should only be performed at salons that have trained personnel and are sanitary. At-home kits are available, but they are often not as effective as professional systems. There are also fewer risks of burning the skin or experiencing pain when a professional performs the service. Before heading to the salon, there are a few tips to remember.
- Avoid the use of exfoliating or skin toning products a few days prior to the appointment to avoid drying out the skin.
- Do not shave or pluck for several days before waxing. The wax needs to have about a quarter-inch of hair to attach to in order to work properly.
- Pain sensitivity is the highest for women during the week before they begin menstruation. Avoid scheduling an appointment during this week.
- Bring loose clothing to wear afterwards if the hair is being removed from the body rather than an exposed area of the face. There will be some discomfort immediately following the procedure, and tight clothing could irritate the sensitive skin.
- Avoid working up a sweat afterwards to reduce the risk of infection. It is usually safe to a facial wax, but other areas could be at risk, particularly following a bikini wax.
Body Waxing in Moore OK, is a safe and common way to remove unwanted body hair. It can be done for men and women and is a safe procedure as long as the aesthetician is trained. All equipment should be clean and sterile, the skin should be cleansed prior to applying the wax, and many salons and clinics will have topical anesthetic cream available to make the removal more comfortable. Visit Longevityok.com to learn more about the various hair removal services that are available or to make an appointment.